52 Week Savings Challenge
Want an easy way to save $1,378 a year? Join the 52-Week Challenge! This popular challenge is an incremental savings plan that encourages you to save a little cash each week. It’s a simple and manageable way to save towards your financial goals.
Here’s How it Works:
- Starting today, put $1 in your piggy bank (or Savings Account).
- One week from today, you’ll put $2 into your piggy bank.
- The next week, you’ll deposit $3 into your piggy bank.
- From today, for the next 52 weeks, you’ll deposit $1 more than you did the week before. When you’re done, you’ll not only have almost $1,400 saved up, but you’ll have successfully developed a great savings habit! See chart below.
Make it Fun
Create a support team and arrange a “buddy challenge.” Ask a friend or two to save alongside you so that you can support one another. Want more of an incentive? Plan to take a trip together with the money you’ve saved.
Tips and Tricks
- Create a weekly automatic transfer for $26.50 to save at least $1,378 at the end of 52 weeks.
- Keep the tracking chart in a place you look at every day as a reminder to save.
- Switch things up by starting with $52 the first week and working your way backward.
- If you have extra funds to contribute to your weekly deposits, do it!
Add a Savings Sub-Account
Visit a branch and speak to one of our representatives about adding a Savings Sub-account, specifically for your 52-Week Savings Challenge. This way you can easily track your savings and monitor your progess. Plus its free to open a sub-account.
Go to main navigation