Youth Accounts For All Ages
Foothill Credit Union is committed to helping young people acquire good financial skills. We provide the tools children need to build wealth and learn the value of saving, earning and investing. Teaching the concept of saving at a young age benefits a person for a lifetime.
Youth Account For Ages 9 to 12
At Foothill Credit Union, we have a program designed especially for kids ages 9-12. Their Money101 account will allow them to have fun while learning important money matters. After all, they’re around that age in which learning more about money will help them understand the value of it.
- Rate rewards after account balance reaches $500, $1,000, and $1,500*
- Educational sessions to teach them money basics
- e-Statements and 24/7 Online Home Banking Access
- Youth Saver Certificate available with special dividends which allows for additional deposits any time, until the age of 24 – initial $25 deposit required
Get Started with Money101 Today!
Getting started is easy. All it takes is an initial $5 deposit to get started. Plus, you can open up a Youth Saver Certificate that offers high rates and earnings, with $25 minimum deposit and additional add on deposits at any time ($25 minimum add on deposits), up until the time they turn 24.
To open a youth account, please visit a branch near you. For questions please call us at (626) 445-0950.
The child must be eligible for membership at Foothill Federal Credit Union. Click here for eligibility. Youth under 18 years of age are not required to be present with the parent at the time of opening the Youth Account. A parent or guardian must be a joint owner on the account with the child and provide the child's social security number.
* Add an additional 0.10 rate bonus when balances reach $500,$1,000, and $1,500.Go to main navigation