Youth Accounts For All Ages
Foothill Credit Union is committed to helping young people acquire good financial skills. We provide the tools children need to build wealth and learn the value of saving, earning and investing. Teaching the concept of saving at a young age benefits a person for a lifetime.
Youth Account for Ages 8 and Under
Adventures, games and saving – all in Foothill’s MoneyLand! Foothill’s MoneyLand for kids ages 8 and under is the perfect account to help you introduce your child to the benefits of saving. They’ll have fun having their own account to put those quarters from the tooth fairy, birthday cash and weekly allowance in.
Just look at the many advantages your child can enjoy, while they receive fun rewards for being part of Foothill’s MoneyLand:
- Welcome gift and MoneyLand passbook for every child
- Rate rewards after account balances reach $500,$1,000, and $1,500*
- Special promotions and incentives
- Fun educational games
- e-Statements and 24/7 Online Home Banking Access
- Youth Saver Certificates available with dividends – initial $25 deposit to open
Explore Foothill's MoneyLand today!
Opening a MoneyLand account is easy! All it takes is an initial $5 deposit. To help you start saving even more, you may open a Youth Saver Certificate with a $25 minimum deposit. Another exciting feature of the Youth Saver Certificate is that at any time, up until your saver turns 24 years old, you can add additional deposits and earn a higher interest rate ($25 minimum add on deposits).
- Earning and borrowing
- Saving and budgeting
- Spending and using checks
- You'll also find out more about credit unions
To open a youth account, please visit a branch near you. For questions please call our Phone Center at (626) 445-0950.
The child must be eligible for membership at Foothill Federal Credit Union. Click here for eligibility. Youth under 18 years of age are not required to be present with the parent at the time of opening the Youth Account. A parent or guardian must be a joint owner on the account with the child and provide the child's social security number.
* Add an additional 0.10 rate bonus when balances reach $500,$1,000, and $1,500.Go to main navigation