Youth Accounts For All Ages
Foothill Credit Union is committed to helping young people acquire good financial skills. We provide the tools children need to build wealth and learn the value of saving, earning and investing. Teaching the concept of saving at a young age benefits a person for a lifetime.
Account For Ages 18 to 24
Plugged into the latest high-tech gadget and trendy new app, whether you are college bound or a recent graduate, you may not be getting educated about important money matters. Move ahead with confidence by becoming financially prepared for the future with MoneyBound. Here are some exciting MoneyBound Benefits:
- Protection Plus Checking Account, free until age 21.
- FREE financial seminars through Green Path program that cover important money matters like managing a checking account and college finances, as well as why credit matters so much
- FREE Debit Card with rewards on qualifying checking accounts
- 24/7 Online Banking access with E-Statements
- First set of checks is FREE upon request
- Rate rewards after an account reaches $500, $1,000 and $1,500*
- Youth Saver Certificate available with special dividends which allows for additional deposits any time, until the age of 24 – initial $25 deposit required
- College Bound Scholarship available
- Fixed monthly student loan payments available
Prepare for Financial Success with our Protection Plus Checking Account
Foothill's Protection Plus Checking offers several features that can help you manage your credit and protect your identity.
- Earn Debit Rewards with every purchase
- Free surcharge ATM cash withdrawals nationwide*
- High rate of return, earned monthly**
- Free E-Statements and 24/7 access to Online Banking
- Free Protection Plus until age 21***
* ATM refunds up to $20.00 per month if minimum electronic service requirements are met. **Yield paid on all amounts up to $25,000 each month if minimum requirements are met. *** Protection Plus Checking fee of $4.95 will take effect after member turns 21. At that time, the member may choose to select an alternate checking account.
One Swipe Debit Card On the Go
You have enough to carry – backpacks, books, iPods – don’t worry about carrying around a checkbook, too. Foothill offers you a FREE Debit Rewards Card for fast and easy purchases on the go. With a Debit Rewards Card, any purchase made is pulled directly and more securely from your Checking Account. For quick cash, the Debit Card lets you withdraw cash from any participating ATM nationwide. Just look for the CO-OP® or STAR® logos to avoid surcharge fees.
A Smart Solution for First Time Drivers
The open expanse of the road, the wind in your hair, listening to your favorite tunes—nothing beats the feel of a new (or new to you) car. Instead of fretting over financing a set of new wheels, turn to Foothill for flexible terms and low rates you can afford.
Building Your Credit
Credit card debt and predatory lending continue to be a problem in this day and age, but you can make smart choices to build credit the right way – by learning how to be responsible and money-conscious. Build your credit wisely with the Foothill Platinum MasterCard® with rewards.
Foothill can help you purchase or finance a computer. Simply select your computer and accessories, show us your purchase invoice, fill out a loan application, and you'll be ready to pick up your new computer. Same day loan approval is available! See rates.
We can set your loan payment to automatically come out of your Foothill checking account every month, so it's hassle-free. Payments can also be made easily with an online transfer from your checking account via online banking, in the branch or by mail.
A Smarter Student Loan
New roommates, class schedules, cafeteria food and intramural sports—you have other things to worry about without having to think about how you are going to pay for your education. That’s why Foothill Federal Credit Union offers a smarter way to move to the head of the class – and stay there. With competitive rates and money-saving benefits, the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan® with Fixed Repayment Option rewards a smart investment in education.
- Loans available up to 100% of the cost of education
- Automatic debit monthly payments offer a 0.25% interest rate reduction
- Scheduled, on-time payments earn a 2% reward rebate
- No prepayment penalty
- Lower loan rates available with a qualified co-signer
- Easy, online application offers faster credit decisions
We believe in educating our youth to prepare them for what lies ahead. As part of our program, we encourage our youth to visit Green Path University before using Foothill's products and services. By doing so, they get a grasp of what kinds of finances are presented to them at this stage in their life and how to successfully handle them.
Get Started Today
Foothill Federal Credit Union is your local financial partner. And that means going the extra mile for you by offering resources that help you learn more about money management. As always, our commitment is to help you meet or exceed the financial expectations you have for yourself by being there to offer superior service, personal convenience, and products and programs – like MoneyBound. To open a MoneyBound account, all it takes is an initial deposit of $25 and your social security number. Call us at (626) 445-0950 to get started.
* Add an additional 0.10 rate bonus when balances reach $500,$1,000, and $1,500.Go to main navigation